1. Submit your research through our journal online submission site. You will need to register for an account to do this. Once your account is set up, you will be guided through a 5-step submission process.
2. Your paper will then be read by the Editor in Chief or assigned Editorial Board Member to see if it fits with the aims and scope of the journal. When you submit your manuscript to ABAA Journal, it will enter it into a rigorous, double-blind peer-review process that considers the quality, originality, approach, and clarity of your paper.
3. Once the reviewers have read your paper, they will make one of the following recommendations:
- Accept • Minor revisions
- Major revisions • Reject
The final decision lies with the Editor. Reviewer feedback on the paper will be provided to the corresponding author. Note, if the paper is outside the journal’s scope, the Editor may reject it.
4. You will receive an email from the Editor containing the final decision. If you are asked to make revisions, you have 30 days to resubmit for minor revisions, and 90 days to resubmit for major revisions. Once you have resubmitted your paper, it will be reassigned to the same reviewers to check whether their comments have been addressed. If sufficient improvements have been made, your paper will be accepted. If not, you may be asked to perform multiple revisions or have your paper withdrawn.
5. Once accepted, your paper is immediately processed by our in-house team, who checks the copyright forms and whether third-party permissions (if applicable) have been provided. Your paper is then sent to our typesetting team, who will perform further quality checks and prepare PDF proofs. You will receive an email link to the PDF proofs, along with a query form that highlights any inconsistencies, grammar, table/ figure and referencing errors that need resolving before publication.
6. Your proof must be returned to the typesetters within three working days. If this deadline cannot be met, any outstanding queries will be resolved by our team.
7. Once proofs are returned, corrections are made by the typesetting team, then final proofs are sent to the journal’s content Editors for final checks. Once this is complete, your paper is now a fully citable, published article with a DOI number.
When the ABAA Journal issue is available for your article to be published in, the typeset files will be reworked by the typesetting team to add pagination, volume, and issue details. The re-supplied files will be re-loaded to our online platform, moving from the publishing list container to the relevant volume and issue number. Where applicable, a print copy will then be produced.